Cleaners (acronym: CLs) are the true heroes behind every scanlation team. They do the levelling, redrawing, repatterning and all the hard procedures of publishing a chapter that require utmost patience, skill and accuracy. They transform raw scans into web-ready content with Photoshop. They level, Topaz, erase Japanese text and redraw parts overlaid with text.
- Is able to follow guidelines and instructions.
- Must have Adobe Photoshop and Topaz Plugins installed.
- Being a cleaner requires treading the fine line between undertopazing and overtopazing, underlevelling and overlevelling. The goal is balance between each extreme.
- Even after Topazing, cleaners are required to clean hidden dust.
- We are only recruiting experienced cleaners at the moment.
Note: If you’re an experienced applicant interested in applying and you’re used to cleaning using your own methods, then feel free to ignore the steps in the instructions. As long as you get the job done well, there will be no complaints.