Proofreaders (acronym: PRs) take the script and make sure the grammar and syntax is correct without changing the essence of meaning. They must always reference raws.
- No experience necessary, however a firm understanding of English and good grasp of grammar is required. Knowledge of Japanese not required.
- You must be meticulous in correcting the translators’ typos and grammar errors, taking care not to change the meaning when you rephrase a sentence to flow better.
- You must contact the translator for parts you are unsure of and need checking over.
- We will be looking for proper punctuation, contraction and proper capitalization.
- We use American English in our group (color > colour, neighbor > neighbour etc) so please adjust scripts accordingly.
This position is currently closed. If you’re interested in joining us as a proofreader, keep an eye on our blog where we’ll post whenever we’re recruiting.